TouchTable is is Kinect powered application I am developing as part of my PhD research. It enables one to use bare hand laying on a regular office desk to control computer instead of mouse.
Following operations are possible:
- Mouse cursor movement and hover events – by moving index finger on the surface of the office desk
- Left mouse click – by touching the table with index finger (or by lifting the finger from a desk in reverse mode), while thumb is hidden in palm
- Right mouse click – by touching the desk with index finger, while thumb is sticking out
- Drag and drop – by placing index finger on the desk and dragging it across the surface
To get a better idea, please watch following videos:
- Painting with finger in Microsoft Paint
- Rotate & zoom using multitouch in Google Sketchup
- Web browsing with fingertip in Firefox with FireGestures
Please feel free to download (Windows 32bit and 64bit only at the moment) and use this prototype for non-commercial purposes. You can also write your own plugins, it is quite simple. Information about installation procedure and about the algorithm are on the project page.